John J. Seaberg, MD, FACS
1601 East Broadway #260
Columbia, MO 65201
Phone: (573) 443-5500
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
“It’s easy to explain the continuing popularity of breast augmentation,” says plastic surgeon Dr. John J. Seaberg. “My patients tell me the answer is simple: self-esteem. Clothes they couldn’t wear before look terrific after getting implants. Even their posture reflects a newfound sense of confidence.” Dr. Seaberg has performed thousands of breast augmentation procedures for women from Columbia and Jefferson City, MO, and beyond during his 25-year career. There’s no substitute for the extensive experience and training Dr. Seaberg possesses.
Dr. Seaberg understands choosing the best plastic surgeon in Columbia for your breast augmentation surgery can be overwhelming. That’s why he provides such thorough cosmetic consultations at no charge: the more information you have from the beginning, the more empowered you’ll feel during the surgical process. Please request a consultation online to meet with him, or call us at (573) 443-5500 to schedule an appointment.
Is Breast Augmentation Right for Me?
You are the best one to decide if you are a good candidate for breast augmentation with implants. Many women in Jefferson City and Columbia, MO, want to restore lost volume after childbirth, or after significant weight loss. Often, women choose to combine augmentation with a breast lift. There are some things to keep in mind, however, about breast augmentation surgery. You should be in good overall health and be realistic about how plastic surgery can improve your appearance. Additionally, Dr. Seaberg will explain why the size and shape of your body need to be considered when deciding the size of your implants.
John J. Seaberg, MD, FACS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Seaberg earns the trust of patients by listening to their cosmetic goals and achieving the results they desire. Learn More
I highly recommend Dr. Seaberg to anyone. He is well studied, experienced, and dedicated to achieving excellent results.
Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
Once you’ve decided to enhance your breasts, there are a number of other important decisions to make. That’s why it’s crucial to choose a plastic surgeon with Dr. Seaberg’s experience. He offers valuable insight gleaned through years of performing breast augmentations. The surgical options involved are:
What type of implant to use? You can choose saline (filled with a salt-water solution) or silicone-filled implants. Both types have unique advantages, but some breast shapes are better suited for one type or the other. There are many profile options that can help the implants fit with your frame and the width of your breasts. Dr. Seaberg will help you decide which combination is right for you.
Where will the implant be placed? Implants may be put directly behind the breast gland tissue (sub-glandular placement), or behind the muscle (sub-muscular placement).
Where will the incision be? There are 3 locations where the implant may be inserted. Scarring is minimal or can be effectively hidden, regardless of the incision site. Here are some brief descriptions of each incision:
- Periareolar — An incision is made on the outer edge of the areola. Thin skin, such as the type found here, heals with less conspicuous scarring than thicker skin. This method requires general anesthesia.
- Inframammary — The incision is typically made 1 or 2 centimeters below where the breast crease is originally located. This incision allows the best visualization for the surgeon and works equally well with sub-glandular or sub-muscular implants. Scars are camouflaged by the inframammary fold. Those who are good candidates for sub-muscular implant placement may consider either twilight sedation or general anesthesia with this incision type.
- Axillary — An incision is made in the patient’s underarm area. It’s a good choice for women with small breasts that do not droop. Scarring is hidden in a natural underarm crease. This method requires general anesthesia.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
While experiences vary, most patients are ready to return to work and normal daily activities within 4 to 5 days. Strenuous activities may be resumed after about a month. It is normal for the breasts to feel tight, swollen, and sore for the first few days after breast augmentation. You will be given a prescription for pain medication, which typically is enough to control discomfort.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost?
The cost for breast augmentation surgery at our Columbia, Missouri, practice generally ranges from $5,400 to $7,900. Prices for breast augmentation procedures depend on many factors, including your choice of breast implants, the complexity of the procedure, and whether it will be combined with other procedures. The cost for breast augmentation at our Columbia, Missouri, practice generally ranges from $5,400 to $7,900.
Unusual Breast Shapes
There are 2 conditions that lead to misshapen breasts:
- Pectus Excavatum — This is a condition in which a person’s ribs and sternum grow abnormally. It results in a caved-in, or sunken, chest appearance.
- Tuberous breasts — A congenital abnormality, breasts develop with the lower portion constricted. The result is breasts larger on top than the bottom, with the areola protruding abnormally.
Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
Dr. Seaberg is thorough in his consultations, which usually last between 45 and 90 minutes. Besides taking your detailed medical history and conducting a physical examination, Dr. Seaberg will discuss your specific cosmetic goals for the procedure. You will have a chance to review before and after photos of other breast augmentation patients. When you schedule your surgery with Dr. Seaberg, you will be given detailed pre- and post-operative instructions.Back to Top